Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar called on Prime Minister Sri Narendra Modi in New Delhi today evening and was with him for more than an hour and submitted memorandums on various twenty-two issues.
The contents of the letters which the CM discussed with PM are as detailed below:
Release of Rs. 450 crore – 5th instalment of Assistance for backward districts in Telangana as per State Reorganisation Act.
Revival of Cement Corporation of India, Adilabad District with the help of NHAI (National Highways Authority of India)
Enhancement of the number of Judges in Telangana High Court from 24 to 42
Establishment of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) in Telangana
Sanction of Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
Sanction of 23 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) in new Districts
Pending Railway Projects in Telangana State: Requirement of funds for completion and expediting the work
Financial Assistance to Mission Kakatiya and Mission Bhagiratha as recommended by NITI Aayog (Rs 5000 crores and Rs 19205 crore)
Setting up of Steel Plant at Bayyaram in Khammam District – Reorganisation Act provided for it.
10. Release of funds for National Investment and Manufacturing
Zone (NIMZ) at Zaheerabad, Medak District
11. Setting up of National Institute of Design (NID) at
Hyderabad (Its location was shifted to Vishakhapatnam
12. Sub-categorisation of SC’s in State of Telangana (Assembly
13. Sanction of IIIT under PPP model at Karimnagar
14. Enhancement of reservations for BC’s in employment and
(BC 37%, SC 15% , ST 10%)
15. 33% Reservation for OBCs and Women in Parliament and
State Legislatures: Assembly Resolution
16. Development of Hyderabad – Nagpur & Warangal-
Hyderabad Industrial Corridors
17. PMGSY (Prime Minister Gram Sadak Yojana) Allotment of
funds for upgrading 4000 Km for better connectivity in
18. Road Works in Left Wing Extremism affected areas: GoI
should bear full cost instead of 60:40 ratio
19. Full central funding for Tribal University as Central
University in Warangal
20. One-time Grant-in-Aid of Rs.1000 Crores for the Warangal
21. Ramappa Temple- Declaration of World Heritage Site
22. Flood flow canal -sanction of the revised cost
CM also called on Home Minister Amit Shaw and Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and discussed on various state issues.