Ants are some times a big problem at home. Especially during summer they come out due to heat underneath and it becomes very difficult to control them.
1.Chalk contains calcium carbonate, which helps in keeping ants away. Spray some powdered chalk in the areas that are the entry points of ants or draw a line of chalk at the entrance.
2. Squeeze a lemon or place lemon peels in places from where the ants enter. You can also wash your floors with water that has a little lemon juice added to it. Ants don’t like the smell of lemon juice so they will keep away.
3. Make a paste of one cup warm water and a few orange peels. Spread this paste around entry points of ants and wipe it afterwards.
4. Ants are pretty fond of sugar but they hate pepper. Sprinkle pepper at the areas from where ants enter your house. This is will help getting rid of ants.
5. Spreading salt near nooks and corners from where ants enter the house will help keeping ants away.
6. Ants cant bear the smell of white vinegar. Prepare a solution of equal amounts of water and white vinegar. Add a few drops of essential oil to it and shake well. Store this solution and sprinkle it at the points from where the ants enter. Repeat this once daily.
7.Put cinnamon and cloves on the entrance of the house and the areas from where you think the ants can enter. This a good method to also keep your house smelling fresh and earthy.
8. Peppermint is an insect repellent, which can help you get rid of ants. Ants don’t like the smell of peppermint and are likely to avoid areas that contain traces of it. Prepare a mixture of 10 drops of peppermint essential oil and a cup of water and sprinkle it wherever you find ants. Repeat this twice a day. You can even sprinkle dried peppermint instead of the liquid mixture.