More than 300 students were rushed to a hospital on Saturday morning after a gas leaked from a container close to their school in south Delhi’s Tughlakabad.
The students were from the Rani Jhansi school, adjacent to the Inland Container Depot.The nature of the gas was not immediately clear.
News agency quoted a vice-principal as saying that students were taken to the hospital after they complained of irritation in their eyes and throat. Police and ambulances rushed to the spot.
Freight trains unload containers at the ICD from where they are shipped off by road.