Palvai Goverdhan Reddy MP from Telangana died due to hear attack in Kulumalani it is reported. He collapsed in the back seat of his car according to the reports reaching Hyderabad. He was a staunch congress supporter but was for Telangana.
Palvai Govardhan Reddy was born on 20th November 1936. His father’s name is P. Ranga Reddy. Palval served as General Secretary, National Students Union of India (NSUI), Osmania University Branch, 1958 – 59. He also worked as President of the National Union of Students of India, Osmania University during 1959-61. He was General Secretary, of the Andhra Pradesh Youth Congress during 1962– 64.
Following are some of this other achievements in Congress Party and Governments:
1) MLA from Munugode Assembly Constituency during 1967 – 84, 1999 – 2004. This seats was allotted to CPI in 2004.
2) General Secretary of Congress Legislative Party (CLP): 1978 – 80.
3) Chairman of A. P. Forest Development Corporation Limited : 1979 – 81.
4) Served as Minister for Rural Water Supply, Youth Services and LIDCAP: In the cabinet of Bhavanam Venkat Ram Reddy in 1981.
5) Minister of State for Handlooms and Textiles, Sericulture, Printing and Stationery : In the cabinet of Kotla Vijayabhasker Reddy in 1981 – 82.
6) Chairman of AP Brewerages Corporation Limited, 1990 – 93.
7) Chairman Jawaharlal Nehru National Youth Center, AP Chapter, 1992 onwards.
8) Working President, Jawaharlal Nehru National Youth Center (JNNYC), National Council, 1994 onwards.
9) Chairman of AP Congress Seva Dal during 1996 – 2001.
10) Secretary of Indian National Congress (Indira) in 1993-96
11) Member of Legislative Council from May 2007 – 23rd March 2009
12) Member of Rajya Sabha: From March 2012 – 2018.